Feminist Solutions for Impactful Financing for Peacebuilding
Together with the Global Network of Women Peacebuilders (GNWP), the International Civil Society Action Network (ICAN), Kvinna till Kvinna, and UN Women, we are hosting a virtual high-level roundtable discussion: “Feminist Solutions for Impactful Financing for Peacebuilding” on November 8, 2-3:30 pm CET.
With this discussion, we will bring together local women peacebuilders and representatives of the UN, Member States, and civil society. The discussion will provide space to highlight the barriers to sustainable funding experienced by local women peacebuilders, share existing good practices from peacebuilding stakeholders and propose further solutions that can support local women peacebuilding work in a meaningful and effective way.
During the discussion, we hope to engage in a dialogue on the following topics:
- What are the key persistent barriers that local women peacebuilders face in accessing funding for their work?
- What are some of the best practices in supporting local peacebuilding work? What makes them good practices? How can other actors replicate or support such initiatives?
- What are the limitations experienced by donors and what are some of the ways to address or overcome these limitations?
- What concrete steps can Member States and UN actors take to ensure that local women peacebuilders’ priorities and recommendations are represented at the High-Level Meeting on Financing for Peacebuilding (to take place in 2022) and that actions to realize these recommendations are sustained beyond the High-Level meeting?
- What are the steps Member States and the UN actors can take to ensure that local women peacebuilders’ reflections are represented at the High-Level Meeting on Financing for peacebuilding? How positive action can be sustained beyond the High-Level Meeting?
Read the full concept note here and join the discussion by registering here.